Thursday, November 1, 2007

Diana Maldonado for House District 52

Diana Maldonado is ahead of her game and starting her campaign early. She will be running for the 2008 election for State Representative House District 52. Although, this is a different direction from the Round Rock ISD School Board, she shows determination.
Diana M. Maldonado's vision and leadership have served her well as a 20-year veteran with the State Comptroller's Office. Diana has been elected president of the Round Rock ISD school board for 2006-2007. School officials said that Maldonado is the first Hispanic woman to lead the board and will manage one of the fast-growing districts in the state.

Maldonado has written an introductory letter stating some facts, " First, I have 22 years experience in state government dealing with fiscal matters, including 20 years with the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts. For the past 13 years, I’ve headed the Tax Applications Section, where I work with businesses to make sure their accounts are set up properly. My section is responsible for 30% of Texas’ sales tax revenue. My responsibilities include finding ways to improve operations and increase compliance, and I have achieved these results:
• A 200% increase in business sales tax inventory productivity
• A 50% increase in hourly productivity through cross-training of staff employees
• A 78% increase in staffing productivity to improve customer service across 25 field offices
For these and other achievements helping Texas taxpayers get more for their tax dollars, I’ve been awarded the Comptrollers Personal Professional Award and the Outstanding Team Award.
Second, I am already an elected official in Williamson County serving since 2003 as a Trustee of the Round Rock Independent School District and chosen by my fellow trustees as President. As an elected official, I am entrusted by the voters with adopting policy, employing and evaluating the superintendent, approving a $289 million budget and setting the tax rate for one of the fastest-growing school systems in Texas. This year, the voters expressed further confidence in the job we’re doing by approving $267 million in bonds for new and renovated schools for our 39,000 students.
Third—whether through my work with the Comptroller’s Office to provide a one-stop shop for first-time taxpayers, or on the school board providing prudent tax relief while maintaining high-quality public education—I have demonstrated my dedication to providing value and service to Texas taxpayers.

So, do i think you should support Diana Maldonado? YES, because she is in fact my mother!

No comments: